The latest round of grants from NHS Charities Together, the umbrella organisation of all NHS charities, is distributed to communities which have been disproportionately affected by Covid-19.
The CPFT charity, Head To Toe, supports the provision of mental health services and community physical health services across the area. With 4,000 staff, the trust also provides learning disability, social care, and children community healthcare services.
Charity Manager Hannah Wysocki said: “We are delighted to receive this funding from the latest grants issued by NHS Charities Together.
“We recognise the need to do what we can to help support communities which have been disproportionately affected by coronavirus. That could include more support for staff and patients from black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds or those who have been shielding because they have long-term conditions.
“We will be liaising closely with patient representative and community groups as well as our own workforce to decide how best this money can be spent.”
The generosity of people all across the country has seen NHS Charities Together receive more than £130 million since the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic, including the amazing efforts from Captain Tom Moore.
Prior to this £50,000 grant, Head To Toe also received around £65,000 to fund an array of projects to benefit CPFT patients and staff. This money went towards funding:
- Cups, hand creams and other personal items for community nurses who spend long days on their rounds seeing patients in their own homes
- Self-help therapy books for patients of the trust’s mental health teams
- Toys and arts and crafts materials for young people being supported by the trust’s Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
- iPads and games which help support therapeutic treatments received by service-users on the trust’s in-patient mental health and community hospital wards
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy self-help books for clients who are restricted in being able to attend physical appointments with our mental health teams
- Funding for the setting-up of special rooms at the trust’s inpatient unit and community hospital sites where patients and staff can relax and practise mindfulness
Only part of the funds available to help Head To Toe come from NHS Charities Together, with other donations coming from patients or relatives of patients who have been treated and cared for by CPFT teams. Staff from across the trust also regularly hold events to raise money.
Hannah added: “The continuing generosity of people and staff continues to humble and amaze me.
“People are so kind and we always ensure that all donations and gifts we receive benefit as many people as possible.”
More information about Head To Toe can be found here.