The company has today outlined its ‘Safe Exercise’ plans to ensure the safety of members and staff, while maximising the opportunity for its members to return to fitness. While énergie Fitness has implemented a comprehensive plan of safety and guidelines, its management team has stressed that members must also do their part.
There are four ‘golden’ rules’ members must follow. First and most importantly is for members not to come if they feel unwell or have any of the symptoms of COVID-19, such as a fever.
Members are asked to maintain safe social distancing from others at all times, and encouraged to wash their hands regularly. Members must clean their workout space and equipment with the sanitisation wipes after use and make it clean and safe for the next person.
Additional measures include:
- Contactless entry. Entering an énergie gym is through a contactless method so no need to interact with other people to gain access – although staff are on hand to help when needed.
- Limiting the number of members permitted into the gym at one time.
Through the énergie app, members can see the ‘live capacity’ of the gym and book their time slots accordingly.
- PPE equipment. All staff will be provided with PPE equipment.
- Signage. There is clear signage throughout the club to offer advice, guidance and remind members to respect others at all times, and follow social distancing.
- Socially distanced spacing of equipment. Through new layout designs, all equipment is spaced out to allow for safe social distancing.
- Hand sanitisation stations. At entrances and around the gym, members and staff are encouraged to use alcohol gel hand sanitisers regularly.
- Changing room facilities. The showers will be in use and members are able to change and use the lockers provided, although some lockers will not be in use.
- Ongoing risk assessments and audit process. Each week, the gym will complete a strict and thorough audit to ensure the highest standards and best practice at all times.
- Contactless vending. Even the vending machines for water and energy drinks use contactless payment and don’t accept cash.
The cleaning and maintenance of énergie Fitness is an absolute priority. There is a comprehensive health, safety, and cleaning plan. énergie Fitness Peterborough will undergo full sanitisation prior to opening.
“Once open, we will be increasing the frequency of cleaning in all areas of the club, changing facilities and toilets as well as anything that is commonly touched, for example door handles, card readers and equipment,” says Nadeem Shokat, owner at énergie Fitness Peterborough. He adds: “We will be providing all our staff with personal protective equipment, including face masks and will ensure hand sanitiser is readily available for all.
“Since we closed the clubs in March, we have been meticulously preparing for the day that we reopen. We know that one of the main concerns for members is hygiene, but I can assure them that our gyms will be kept to the highest possible standard of cleanliness.”
Nadeem adds: “All these measures will ensure that our clubs won’t be overcrowded, and we are confident that we are best placed to manage our capacity and ensure all our members feel looked after, happy, and safe. We are really looking forward to welcoming them back”
To join énergie Fitness, Peterborough, visit www.energiefitness.com/peterborough